Senior living should be liberating — and that’s exactly what you’ll find at Deerfield. From first-rate amenities to our unique brand of Hawkeye hospitality, our remarkable Des Moines independent living neighborhood removes the hassle from living in your current home.
That’s because our West Des Moines community’s independent living apartments and townhomes come with all-inclusive maintenance — giving you more time to engage in your interests and forge new connections with other kind, welcoming, down-to-earth people who live here. And with our full slate of activities, you’ll find no shortage of enticing opportunity. Best of all, we’re the only provider of senior independent living in Des Moines to offer the incredible confidence of assured lifelong care, leaving you to enjoy each day without worry.
Get in touch using the contact form on this page to find out more about senior independent living in Des Moines.
Browse a sampling of our independent living floor plans to see the possibilities.
CONVENIENT COMMUNITY SERVICES
- Weekly housekeeping
- Paid utilities (except home phone and internet)
- Breakfast served on weekdays
- Lunch and dinner available every day
- Comprehensive health and wellness program powered by Masterpiece Living®
- 24-hour security and pendant system
- Regularly scheduled transportation
- Multiple contract options available
- Maintenance of all apartments, common areas and beautifully landscaped grounds
- Planned social, cultural and recreational activities
- Home Care through Lifespace Personal Services — available for select services in your independent living residence
THOUGHTFUL COMMUNITY AMENITIES
- Restaurant-style and formal dining venues
- Cocktail lounge featuring casual dining
- The convivial atmosphere of Hap’s Bistro
- Onsite Starbuck’s franchise
- Private dining room
- Underground garages
- Beauty salon/barbershop
- On-site bank
- Billiards room with billiards, ping pong and shuffleboard
- Putting green
- Woodworking shop
- Computer lab
- Convenience store
- Creative arts studio
- Fitness center with weekly class schedule
- Events center
- Game room
- Guest suites
- Resident garden
- Balcony or patio in every residence, along with storage unit
- Access to walking and biking trails
- Fishing dock and lake
It’s an upfront sum to help cover community operating expenses and prepay some of the fees that come with offering access to continuing care for life. It also ensures priority access to higher levels of health care, in case you ever need it. Your entrance fee is based on the size of residence you choose and the number of occupants.
The independent living monthly fees vary based on the size of your residence and the number of occupants. This comprehensive fee covers a variety of services and amenities, including your dining plan, maintenance, housekeeping, utilities, scheduled transportation, concierge services, fitness center, activities and events, and much more.
You may choose Lifespace Personal Care Services, which offers trained, vetted caregivers who provide assistance with activities of daily living, companionship, cooking, light housekeeping, transportation and more. This is a separate expense outside your monthly fee.
Pets are permitted in all independent living residences at Deerfield. When you visit, please speak with a team member to find out more.