Through our partnership with Masterpiece Living®, a nationally recognized successful aging initiative, Deerfield residents find abundant wellness opportunities at their fingertips.
Our purposeful programming empowers you to embrace four factors that affect your well-being — intellectual, physical, social and spiritual — rather than just one. Instead of a one-size-fits-all approach, Masterpiece Living takes research-based findings and works with residents to develop a road map for protecting their future health.
We begin with a Masterpiece Living review to explore your personal goals. Together, we’ll identify opportunities you can use to make the pursuit of multidimensional wellness a natural part of your everyday life. The choices are almost limitless, and they’re always yours to make.
Deerfield is the only retirement community in our area to be recognized as a Certified Center for Successful Aging (CSA) by Masterpiece Living®. Fewer than two dozen communities across the country hold this designation — an achievement based on resident and team member engagement, community culture and the integration of purposeful programming.
Use the contact form on this page for more details on how Deerfield helps residents live well and age successfully.
Build Your Body
- Choose from a variety of classes in the fitness center each week.
- Take a walk or bike ride around our expansive community, go for a round of disc golf, or perfect your putting skills.
- Eat delicious meals that are actually good for you.
Challenge Your Mind
- Explore a new creative outlet like painting, gardening or woodworking.
- Discover more about the world through discussion groups, lectures and cultural events.
- Stay sharp by learning new skills or being active in community clubs and organizations.
Nourish Your Spirit
- Develop meaningful friendships with down-to-earth, kindhearted neighbors.
- Nurture your faith through studies, classes and services.
- Find purpose and connection through volunteering and serving others with your skills.
CONNECTING WITH THE HEARTLAND
It all comes together in the healthy, open setting of our 46-acre campus. Deerfield offers front-door access to one of the most active outdoor corridors in Des Moines. Spotting wildlife on your walk along the Clive Greenbelt and Raccoon Valley trail systems is an everyday pleasure when you live at Deerfield.